jueves, 4 de septiembre de 2014

August Highlights & Favourites


I know most people say it every single month but August really did fly by! It must have been the lack of responsabilities, or maybe lack of plans for most part of the month, for that matter; but I feel like I wrote my July Highlights post just a couple of days ago. As I said, I didn't have much going on in August as most of the people I know were away on holidays and so I was doomed to stay in my hometown for about three weeks. I read a lot (good), wrote a lot (pointless good), had a lot of time to think about me and my life choices (not so good), spent a lot of time with my family, convinced my sister to watch all four season of Teen Wolf... Guys, I even started working out. Not that it's a bad thing, obviously, but that's just how bored I was for the first few weeks.

Then I went to Madrid, which was super awesome, but you can read all about that here.

As for what I've been loving...

Books

If I Stay, by Gayle Forman
The Queen of the Tearling, by Erika Johansen
(currently reading)


TV & Film

Teen Wolf is obviously the main thing I've been watching this month. I also found a TV show to fill the huge sitcom shaped hole in my heart - Young & Hungry, a silly, lighthearted comedy starring Emily Osment.

I went to the cinema to watch Begin Again with some friends from uni and I actually really liked it. It's not mind-blowing, but it's got this cute, 500 Days of Summer vibe to it. And the soundtrack? Amazing. I had Lost Stars stuck in my head for days. Another movie that really stood up to me this month was Good Will Hunting. I'd wanted to see it for the longest time and it obviously lived to -and surpassed- my expectations.


Beauty

(got so many compliments!)


August Playlist

Albums:
Begin Again Soundtrack - Various Artists
Picture Show - Neon Trees
Believers Never Die - Fall Out Boy

Songs:
Shake It Off - Taylor Swift (!!)
All About You - Hilary Duff
Mulholland Drive - The Never Ending
Life Of The Party - Shawn Mendes
The Weight - Shawn Mendes
Not In That Way - Sam Smith 


What did you love in August?

Tania x

2 comentarios:

  1. I love John Green as a writer!! I think he is super talented at getting the correct message and creating the suitable emotion for the readers! Loved the post too :D Katie xx
    www.justkatielou.blogspot.com

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. He is a great writer! Love all of his books I've read so far! :) X

      Eliminar