lunes, 10 de junio de 2013

Everyday Makeup Routine

Hello everyone!

I am one exam away from absolute freedom. I tried to talk myself into not uploading anything until I was completely done with college, but when I came back from work today and saw it was still so sunny, I couldn't stop myself from taking some pics outside and I then it just happened really quickly - I just had to write!

Now that Summer is approaching (and that'll probably make me change my routine up a little bit), I thought it'd be a good idea to talk about my everyday makeup routine, which usually takes place between 7 and 8 am, when I can barely open my eyes, so you probably shouldn't be expecting a masterpiece. 


>My base by Essence
After cleansing and moisturizing, Essence's My Base is the first thing that goes on my face. It claims to be an illuminatin make-up base and it gives kind of a subtle glow to your skin (which is very much appreciated in the mornings).

>Imperfection Corrector Kit by Oriflame
My mom got this for me forever ago and it does the job perfectly. As you can see the green corrector is running out because due to my skin condition I suffer from a lot of annoying redness, mostly in my forehead, and I've been using the peachy colour to correct under eye circles.

>Fit Me! foundation by Maybelline
I already mentioned it in my Spring Favourites post (here: x), but that's one of the things that haven't changed... yet. It gives light coverage, which I like, but the warm weather is making me feel quite cake'd up, so I'm on the hunt for another one.

>Bronzer/makeup beads by Revlon's Natural Wonder Cosmetics
Natural Wonder was a subsidiary brand owned by Revlon (thanks Wikipedia) that no longer exists, so you can imagine for how long I've had these makeup beads. My mom used to have similar ones when I was a kid and she bought these ones for me and I just love them. I use them as a bronzer with that big fat brush you see on the picture and they work just fine to contour with a smaller brush (call me lazy).

>Compact Powder Blush in "103 Tierra" by Pinaud
I don't remember buying this actually, I think it was a free sample for some magazine, but it looks so natural on the skin that I'm just obsessed with it - and it matches my Kate Moss Rimmel London 104 lipstick!

>Cream Blush in "Bittersweet" by MUA
Alternative blush for when I'm feeling the warm weather! It's the first cream blush I tried and honestly I love it. You'd think that bubblegum pink colour would make you look like a clown - Nope! It's great. (I tried applying it with a brush, hence the dark spots on the pic... Didn't really work. Fingertips work better.)


>The Falsies Volum' Express mascara by Maybelline
I'm sure you've read a thousand reviews on it by now, so I'm not gonna ramble on! It's an amazing mascara, just one coat -or two if you fancy extra volume- and I'm ready to go.

>Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in "Midnight in Paris" by Essence
Alright, given that this is my morning makeup routine, I only attempt to do a cat eye when I know I've got enough time to get ready (which barely happens), but this is my absolute favourite eyeliner.

>Au Naturel palette by Sleek
Again, it's something I only do when I know I've got enough time, but I do love some neutral colors on my eyes, so I tend to reach for two of the colours on this palette: Capuccino (light) all over the lid and Bark (dark) on the crease.


The only relatively new product here is the peachy High Shine Lip Gloss from Colour Couture, which I got not too long ago for 80 cents! Talk about bargains! My lips are quite dry and some lipsticks only seem to emphasize the flaws on them, so I've been using this lipgloss on top of my MUA Nectar lipstick. The other one is my absolute favourite lip product, Shade 104 from the Kate Moss collection for Rimmel London.

So that's it for my routine! Looking back at what I just wrote it feels like I use quite a lot of products on my face, but the truth is it takes me about 10 minutes to get ready in the morning and my only essentials are the things on the Face section and my mascara, all the other things are only optional. 

Anyway, hope you enjoyed this (long!) post. What are your beauty essentials on your everyday routine? Anything you'd recommend? :)

Tania
❤ ❤ ❤

9 comentarios:

  1. I love all your makeup, it's so pretty!

    *following*

    xx

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Aww such great products! I want to get the MUA cream blush, it looks like the perfect pink! <3 I've never tried their lipsticks but I may as well get the one you have, it's such a lovely coral! :))

    Andrea | RosyChicc

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. It is a great summery pink! And their lipsticks are pretty good - especiall for £1 haha!

      :) xx

      Eliminar
  3. I've heard such great things about Sleek eyeshadow palettes and I definitely have found so many other products that I need to try out. Great post! x

    Tanya | Cat at Heart

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I own two Sleek palettes and I love them, plus they're not too big so you can carry them around in your bag for a touch-up! Thank you! x

      Eliminar
  4. love your routine!

    http://yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com/

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I use the same rimmel lipstick! I love it sooo much, I feel like its the perfect nude xx
    http://spencrescurls.blogspot.com/

    ResponderEliminar