jueves, 11 de septiembre de 2014

First Impressions: The Body Shop "All-In-One" BB Cream

This poser wanted to be in the pictures as well...
and who am I to say no? ;)

I have always been a foundation kind of girl. Give me medium coverage and I'm happy. However, I tan very easily and 1) I really enjoy seeing my tanned face without a lot of product on (gotta make the most of it while it lasts) and 2) my foundation is now too light for me, so I was on the hunt for a new one. I didn't know which one I wanted, but I did know I wanted light coverage and I had seen bloggers rambling about The Body Shop's BB Creams, both the All-In-One and the Tea Tree one, and so I decided to take a trip downtown and check them out myself.

 After asking the lovely girls at The Body Shop, they told me that the All-In-One would be best for my skin. Tea Tree is supposed to absorb the oils off your face and, having very dry skin, that's probably not a good idea for me. The All-In-One feels a lot lighter, which is what I was looking for anyway, and so I decided to give it a try. The downside to reading so many good reviews, though, is that your expectations are too high. I don't know what I was expecting, but at first I definitely didn't like it.

It goes on smoothly on your skin and just a little bit goes a long way, so there's no need to worry about how small the tube might look. As you can see in the pictures, it comes off white but as you blend it in it adapts to the colour of your skin, which is what I needed (see how dark my skin looks? My mum says whenever I use bright nail polish it looks like I have dirty hands. So funny, my mum). However, being used to foundation, I got the impression that this barely gives you any coverage at all... buuuutttt after applying a little bit of bronzing powder and blush, I did look a lot more alive and, to be honest, my skin had such a natural finish. It looked like my own skin, but better. Even my mum noticed the change and loved it. At night I used a makeup remover wipe (ooh, cheating) just to see how much product came off and the answer is barely any. I guess it starts wearing off after a few hours, but it feels so light on your face that you barely notice. 

So, in a nutshell, very light coverage but very natural finish. Not sure yet if I would repurchase, but for now it's a win for me!
Have you tried it? Did you like it? 


Tania x

3 comentarios:

  1. Oooh this sounds rather lovely! I do like wearing bases like this during the week, when I just want something to even out my skintone a little without piling on the foundation xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Agreed! Sometimes you just don't wanna go out with a face full of makeup and these things really do come in handy! :) X

      Eliminar
  2. Your dog is so cute!!
    I've been wanting to try this BB cream for a while, just good for those cant be bothered with a full face of make up days!

    Would love it if you could take a look at my blog!
    Candidly Chloe xx

    ResponderEliminar