miércoles, 24 de septiembre de 2014

Beauty Haul: Sleek, Revolution, Rimmel & Maybelline


I'm going to go ahead and confess something: I did not buy a single beauty product this summer. None. I bought so many things last Spring that I felt like I just had to at least use some of them before I even thought about spending more money. It worked, I've been using products that I had barely even looked at before, so that was good. However, my spending ban came to an end a couple of weeks ago.

It all started because I needed a couple of things to feel prepared to kick off the new school year, so I went to The Body Shop and got their All-In-One BB cream (review here). Then I also had to get a new concealer because mine was running out and funnily enough I didn't have any other that I liked at home. I went to the mall, got another tube of my current favourite drugstore concealer... and then I started spending money on makeup again. (As you will see the economic damage is not irreparable so I should not be sent to Shopaholic Anonymous. Yet.)


I'd had my eyes on the Makeup Revolution palettes for a while now, especially on the Girls On Film one, but to purchase it I would have had to buy it online and we all know what happens when you want to buy one thing online. It's never just one thing. You end up with a full online basket. I was able to control myself, though, and I ended up getting only that palette plus Sleek's Blush By 3 palette in Sweet Cheeks... for 2'95€. Three blushers for less than 3€. I cannot believe life. I have not had the time to try them all yet, but I used the Candy Floss, darkest shade, yesterday and the colour payoff is unbelievable. Now that's how you shop.

As I said, originally I went out to buy a new tube of the Match Perfection concealer by Rimmel, which is great for every day use -even though the applicator is not my favourite thing-, but I ended up getting an eye liner and one of the new Baby Lips. I don't think it shows on camera but the eye liner, from the Soft Kohl collection by Rimmel, is *drum roll* purple! I keep hearing how purple eye liners make brown eyes stand out and so I had to give that a go. And lastly, apparently I was all about purple that day because I got the Berry Bomb lip balm. I didn't know whether I'd like it on the lips or not but somebody blogged about it (can't remember the blog, sorry!) and she absolutely convinced me. This is definitely going to be in my makeup bag every single day this autumn.

What have you bought lately?
Have you tried any of the products I mentioned?


5 comentarios:

  1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Ahhhhh, I didn't buy anything after all :(
    The Sleek blushes look amazing *jealous*
    Love you xx

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Aw Laura! Thanks for stopping by :) You should have, definitely - they're amazing!
      I love you tooooooooo! X

      Eliminar
  3. Love the sleek blush palette, you got it for a great price too :) xx

    Velvet Blush

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Haha it would just be rude to pass it up at that price, wouldn't it?! xx

      Eliminar