sábado, 1 de junio de 2013

It's Finals Season... Little Tips

Hello everybody! 
Lately I haven't had the time to keep track of most beauty blogs, let alone write beauty posts myself, which upsets me way more than I can say. I thought about writing a May Favourites post this week, but I haven't tried anything new over the past three weeks or so, I haven't even been putting much effort into my makeup to be perfectly honest, just sticking to a very simple routine, so I didn't have much to talk about. What could I possibly write a post on, then? What has been keeping me so busy?

That's right, peeps... Finals are here.

(Me when I saw my exam calendar ;))

If you're a college student like me, you will know this is certainly the most stressful time of the year. Papers to hand in, tests to study for, oral presentations to work on... You know the drill. But don't you worry your pretty little mind, I'm here to share with you tips that you have probably heard about but that are indeed very useful to stay as calm as it's humanly possible during exams season.

First of all, the most important thing for me: make a playlist. Maybe it's just me, but studying hearing nothing but silence doesn't help me focus at all, it just makes me turn my head around every time I hear a random noise. It's essential for me to have music in the background. I would recommend you don't include too many songs that make you want to dance and sing because you would actually spend your study time dancing and singing around your room which is, ummm, not exactly what you should be doing! 

Of course it's all up to you and your music taste, but here you have some of my song choices for my playlist this year:

Bloom - The Paper Kites
Classy Girls - The Lumineers
Jenny - Tyler Hilton
Everybody Talks - Neon Trees
Carried Away - Passion Pit
Let Her Go - Passenger
The OC Mix 1 (full)

This may sound silly and I'm sure you're going to think you're totally not doing it, but try to have your own deadlines. Say that you have to hand in a paper on June 10th, well, then try to have it done before June 5th as if you had to hand it in that day, that way you'll be a lot less stressed out and you'll also have more time to study and/or do other things. Having study calendars helps A LOT if you stick to them. 

One of the things I love the most, whether it's finals season or not, is pampering time! When you're feeling the weight on your shoulders after or during a rough week, what's better than having some time for yourself? When it comes to products, I've been using and loving the Mango Sugar Scrub from The Body Shop, as mentioned in a previous post; the Vanilla Duo Body Butter, which is highly moisturizing and smells SO GOOD, and Nivea's Refreshing Moisture Mask, which claims to be for normal skin but I can tell you it works amazingly on very dry skin. Use them as often as you like (check the packaging of the products and/or website for information and recommendations), put on your most comfortable pjs and you're ready to go on.

Last but not least, always make time for distractions. I don't think you should ever study all your notes in one go because you're most likely to get overwhelmed by everything and consequently forget most of what you've tried to memorize. Study as much as you want, but eventually your body will ask you to slow down for a bit. Do as you're told. Take some time to drink coffee, have a chat with your friends or just watch a tv show you like (I'd recommend you choose something like House, Ghost Whisperer, Supernatural, Smallville... you know, shows where continuity is not as important and you can watch only one episode without 1) getting lost in the storyline 2) feeling the urge to watch any more episodes).

And those are basically all the tips I can share with you! I should probably add that you should get enough sleep to go through the day without feeling like you're a zombie, but I'm actually the last person on the planet who should be talking about that, so we'll just leave it there. 

What about you? What helps you get through these rough weeks? Do you have any tips you'd like to share?

Thank you for reading and good luck if you've got your finals coming up soon :)

Tania 
❤ ❤ ❤

2 comentarios:

  1. good luck for your exams :D i love Let Her Go - Passenger
    victoriasanusi.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ResponderEliminar