sábado, 2 de agosto de 2014

July Highlights & Favourites: WWAT, Macklemore & more


 I haven't posted anything since I wrote my Romantically Challenged blog post, which was on June 27th (woah there). On the one hand, I wasn't even home for most of the first part of the month so there was really nothing I could do. Or write, for that matter. On the other hand, I really liked my last post, if I do say so myself, and I was finding it hard to write something that could follow that up. Since it's the start of a new month, though, I figured that a monthly favourites was the perfect excuse to get back on the blogging train!


The first couple of weeks of this month were filled with music (1D's "Where We Are Tour" and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis later on), which basically means I spent my time with friends, walking around Barcelona until the early hours and trying to sneak into fancy hotels - which we failed at. Oh, and running into Harry Styles. You read that right. I ran into Harry Styles at a random bar in the city. The usual. Yup. Also, our French friends came to town so that made our whole adventure a lot more exciting. It's unbelievable how music can make you connect with people. After all, as one of our friends said, being on the road is not so much about what you do but about who's making it all worth it.

And needless to say, both One Direction and Macklemore absolutely killed it live.
 
As expected, after spending a few days surrounded by people night and day, I needed some alone time. I don't even question it or get surprised anymore - I just know it's coming. It wears me out and I know that just enjoying the quiet life for a few days is my system's own way to recharge, so I just obey. Plus, I've come to realize I really enjoy walking down by the river in the evenings. Who knew!

Now here's what I've been loving...


Literature
Paper Towns, by John Green
Last Night I Sang to the Monster, by Benjamin Alire Sáenz

TV & Film
A little bit late to the party but I'm hooked on Dawson's Creek! The first few seasons were more entertaining and I'm kind of stuck on the fourth one now but I'm still obsessed. Love me some Pacey Witter. I have also been catching up and loving the fourth season of Teen Wolf (but I do miss the good ol' Stiles & Lydia more than I can tell) and re-watching Charmed because what can I say, I'm a sucker for witches who can kick some ass and have a job at the same time. Give me some supernatural drama and I'm happy.

As for films, I really enjoyed The Fault In Our Stars earlier this month. I applaud both the actors and everyone involved for turning a great book into a great movie.


Makeup

Topshop lipstick "All About Me"
L'Oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim (bless this thing)
Revolution "Iconic 3" palette


July Playlist

Albums:
X - Ed Sheeran
Road Between - Lucy Hale

Songs:
Don't - Ed Sheeran (from X)
Rude - Magic!
And We Danced - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
Arrows - Fences ft. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
I Can't Make You Love Me - Adele 
(cover by Kacey Musgraves & Katy Perry)

See you soon,
Tania x
 

6 comentarios:

  1. so jealous that you randomly bumped into harry styles so casually :O really need to start watching damsons creek.x lashingsofmascaraon.blogspot.ie

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. haha yeah, it was so random! Definitely one of those "once in a lifetime" kind of things! x

      Eliminar
  2. Lovely post! It sounds like you've been having a lot of fun lately and I totally get the need to recharge and spend some time alone thing because I'm just like that too!

    Can you believe I haven't tried anything from Revolution Makeup yet? But I've heard on the grapevine that it's starting to enter Superdrug stores here in the UK which is exciting as I really need to try some of their Urban Decay Palette dupes! xx

    The Miss Beauty Saver Blog

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Ooh I promise you're not gonna be disappointed! I wasn't sure I wanted to spend 45€ on the Naked 3 palette as I didn't know if I was going to like/be able to pull off those pinky tones on myself so I got the Iconic 3 palette instead and it's amazing, it definitely does the job :) x

      Eliminar
  3. I <3 John Green and am so jelly that you saw Macklemore in concert! He's awesome!
    : signe : the daily savant :

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Definitely one of my favourite writers and one of my favourite artists at the moment! :)

      Eliminar