domingo, 24 de agosto de 2014

My Skin Care Travelling Essentials


Yes, ladies and gentlemen. Yes. It's happening. It's taken me two months and a half, but I am finally going on holidays. Not far away, and not for long, but I could not be any more excited.

About long time ago, when I used to sit in the back of the class with my best friend doing nothing but thinking about how awesome it would be to be allowed to have laptops in class (funnily enough, I am allowed to bring my laptop to class now and I never do it), we decided we would go to Madrid together one day. It's not that far from Barcelona so we could save up some money and, being even in the same country, we thought it'd be easy to convince our parents. It's taken us four years to actually plan that trip. Not because our parents are strict because I don't think either one of us actually asks our parents for permission anymore and definitely not because haven't had the money in four years, because we both have jobs. It just fell in the back of our minds and we never talked about it again. But somehow, it came up last winter. Neither of us had trips planned for this summer -and we were both dying to see the musical of The Lion King in Madrid!-, so we decided that now was the perfect time.

And since I've had to pack my bags for the week, I thought I'd show you what I've considered are my skin care travelling essentials.


My savior: makeup remover wipes! Yes, I know it's cheating. Yes, I know I should stick to a more serious routine when it comes to taking off my makeup - and I do when I'm at home. But when you get to your hotel room after being outside for hours and hours, this is the easiest choice. These are the deep cleansing facial wipes from P.S. Love Your Skin and they can be found at Primark for 1'50€ the twinpack.


I don't use body butters that often when I'm at home (I've got very sensitive skin and it requires products that are somewhat more... pharmaceutical), but I thought this one from The Body Shop was the perfect one to take away with me. It's got types of body butters in the container: the normal one and a more dense body butter for dry skin areas. And it smells amazing.


My facial skin care essentials! I've been using this Nivea Soft moisturizer for ages now (as seen on my 2013 Spring Favourites!) and I don't think I'm gonna switch it for anything else anytime soon. It is so, so soft and gentle on the skin and it is a wonderful base for your makeup. Another thing I can't live without is my Biotherm Aquasource eye cream. Unlike many of the things shown here, it's on the pricey side, but I cannot stress enough how much I love it. It's not an anti-ageing cream (hey I'm only 20), it claims to soothe under eye bags and lines and it just makes me look so much more awake.

The Essence anti-spot gel is just one of those "what if" products. What if I get an annoying little spot on my chin while I'm away? What if I have a random breakout? It fights spots drying them out (just like toothpaste, which works fine if you're at home, but it's not the fanciest thing to put on your face if you're away) and it claims to reduce post-spot marks, which are my absolute nightmare.


And last but not least, something I always throw in my handbag when I know I'm going to be outside for the day: this Sephora body lotion. Apart from using it on my body if it gets itchy (sensitive and dry skin problems, what up), I have also used it as a hand cream. It is very, very light and it's just a great product to carry around with you, just in case.

So that's it for my travelling essentials!
I'm leaving on Tuesday morning and won't be back until the end of the week, but a new post should go up on either Wednesday or Thursday, if I've programmed this thing correctly. If that doesn't work for whatever reason, see you when I'm back :)

Tania x

1 comentario:

  1. I just want to tell you that I'm absolutely and completely falling in love with your amazing blog! Will I bother you if I comment you a couple of post? I hope nooooo.
    Well this "Essence pure skin" it's brilliant really work and thanks for show me (Now I need one and no where to find...)
    Love you

    ResponderEliminar