jueves, 14 de agosto de 2014

MUA Power Pout - "Crazy in Love"

Do you ever go on a crazy online shopping spree and once you get the products, you forget about some of them? Please, just tell me I'm not the only one.

A while back, and by that I mean in February, I ordered a few MUA goodies as I'd heard amazing things about the brand's new collections but I hadn't had the chance to get my hands on them. One of the things I was looking forward to the most were their famous Power Pout lip crayons. As I always do with the things I'm not sure are going to be right up my alley, I only ordered one - the darkest shade they had. It's not too dark, just a lovely plummy pink, which means it's a highly wearable lipstick product. If you want a lip product that will look good but still won't be over the top, this is your shade. It is also a very glossy lipstick, which I wasn't expecting it to be (I guess I associate the idea of "lip crayon" with actual crayons?), but it feels very mosturising. The glossy touch tends to wear off within an hour or so, but it leaves a lovely rosy stain on the lips which lasts for quite a long time.

However, there's a downside to their Power Pouts. They are really, really soft lip products so they can easily melt, not only in hot weather, but also just by carrying them around in your makeup bag (the writing on the packaging also starts to fade away just by carrying them around, but being such a bargain I wasn't expecting it to stay there forever!). The second day I decided to wear it I was in the bathroom of my university ready to re-apply and the tip of the lip crayon just broke off, which wasn't fun. Hence why it looks like that now. I have to keep it in the fridge in order for to keep it solid - it's not the fanciest thing, but it helps!

Have you tried MUA's Power Pouts? 
Thoughts?

Tania x 

1 comentario: