lunes, 11 de agosto de 2014

2014 Teen Choice Awards: 5 Favourites

 I don't usually check the number of visits I have on each and every single one of my posts simply because I don't want to obsess over what other people enjoy on my blog. I write about what I like, whether that's fashion or beauty or the latest book I've read, and if other people enjoy that, then I'm happy. However, I've noticed that my Teen Choice Awards post from last year went down really well so I thought I could do another one this year. After all, I've been obsessing over awards shows fashion for the longest time now, so why not share it with on my blog?

I admit I watched neither the red carpet nor the show this year, even though I should have because Tyler Posey was hosting and I just love him. Alright, I've probably been watching too much Teen Wolf lately. The first thing I did when I woke up this morning, though, was check what my favourite celebrities -and other random people whose names I don't even know because apparently I'm too old for the teen scene now- decided to wear. There were obviously some disasters, but some other people were spot on. Here's my top 5!


Lucy Hale tweeted about her dress, hair and makeup before she even arrived so she was the first lady I got excited about. Do you remember her outfits from previous Teen Choice Awards? Check this out. She just never disappoints. Her makeup was flawless, and her hair? Dreamy. I was not able to find the designer of her beautiful red dress, but she's wearing Brian Atwood shoes and a Michael Kors clutch.


Okay, I may be a little bit biased with this one. Anyone who knows me knows I love Taylor Swift. I have since I was 15 and her style has changed so much over the years, but lately she's been walking the streets of New York in such pretty outfits that when I heard she was going to be a presenter at the TCAs I was just impatient for her to hit the red carpet. She's been rocking the crop top and skater skirt trend lately and I'm happy she chose this Novis outfit for the awards. I'm not a fan of those Charlotte Olympia shoes, however. But she just looks amazing.

I'm also glad she decided to step away from the red lip for the night!


You wouldn't believe how excited I was to see Nina Dobrev - especially because I don't even watch her TV show, The Vampire Diaries. She just nails it every time. I'm not a big far of her makeup, but that Vionnet outfit was worth a mention. So colourful, so elegant, so lovely. Like Lucy Hale, she also opted for a braid, which might just be the perfect hairdo for something like the Teen Choice Awards - a more casual kind of gala. And if you never see those gorgeous pink shoes on her anymore, don't worry. I stole them from her. ;)


She was on my list last year as well, but I admit I did not expect to love her outfit as much as I did. I haven't been watching Pretty Little Liars lately so I wasn't sure if they were nominated or if the main cast would go, but Shay Mitchell did and she looked stunning. I'm a sucker for lace and dark lips, so the moment I saw her, I was sold. She was wearing a Misha Collection top and midi skirt, Jimmy Choo shoes and a Rodo clutch. Flawless.


Do you remember Debby Ryan from The Suite Life on Deck on Disney Channel? I saw her on another TV show not long ago, Jessie, and I thought "Wow, she's gorgeous." And she just gets prettier every time I see her. I feel like wearing long trousers and a basic shirt and/or blazer (like Selena Gomez, for example) can make you look way too dressed up for this type of award shows. Office, boring-secretary kind of dressed up. It just doesn't work for me, but Debby Ryan totally rocked this BCBG Runway playsuit. And I'm in love with her hair colour. 

Who do you think were the best dressed celebrities last night?
Let me know :)

Tania x

 

3 comentarios:

  1. So pretty looks. ;-)
    Lovely greets Vanessa

    ResponderEliminar
  2. OMG, I totally forgot to watch the 2014 Teen Choice Awards this year...or even to vote!! Anyway, I think their votes are biaised inside me so whatever. xd Taylor Swift's hair looks so smooth! For me, Nina Dobrev is the prettiest. ^^

    ResponderEliminar