domingo, 11 de mayo de 2014

Family & 2nd Semester (and teachers that shouldn't be teachers)

Row 1:  1. Trip down the memory lane, playing hairdressers with mum a long, long time ago. 2. Dougie Poynter from McFly playing in Southend-on-Sea back in 2012 (first row!) 3. Heart shaped lollipop for the topic of the day, Blue. 4. A little plush of Marie from The Aristocats that my sister got me. Row 2: 1. Me and my dog, me me and my dog! 2. Quote from Ava Dellaira's young adult novel "Love Letters to the Dead".

This week has been a roller coaster of ups and downs. It started out with me feeling completely exhausted, which made me skip a couple of classes (hey, it's May, these things happen) and then mid-week I just had a bit of a silly breakdown thanks to a teacher who, excuse my choice of words, made me feel like sh*t in class and basically screwed up what was being a very nice day for me. Once again. So cheers, teacher. Now I would say I can't wait for this term to be over but that would not be entirely true. I do want to stop attending certain classes and stop seeing certain people, obviously, as going to uni to feel humiliated is not something that I enjoy, but on the other side I'm having so much fun this semester and it's an era that's going to be hard for me to let go. Am I being overly dramatic? Probably. I have actually written a post that's somehow related to that, although I'm not sure it will ever go public as I'm still trying to decide if it crosses the "too personal" line of things that I can/want to post on the blog.

 My weekend, however, was a nice, chilled one. My favourite kind. I spent most of the time with my parents, sister and dog and a day spent with my family (and a good book) is never a day wasted. We only got out of the house to go to the cinema and we laughed our faces off, so that was pretty great. My family is pretty damn great.

Here's what I've been enjoying this week:

Music
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Cowboy Boots

"And we hold onto these nights,
trying to find our way home by the street light.
Over time we figure out this is me, right?
Learn a lot about your friends right around 2 am."

Beauty
Topshop lipstick "All About Me" 
Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick by Kate Moss 01
 Rimmel Match Perfection concealer

Book


What did you do (and enjoy) this week?
Hope it was a nice one!

2 comentarios:

  1. Don't let one bad teacher ruin the experience for you, your family sound great & I'm sure are supportive. My older sister has totally ruined a good week for me today and I know it sucks but my kids & partner are what matters the most & your family & friends are what counts for you not some teacher who is probably on some power kick control thing xxx

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks for your comment Andrea, it really made me smile. At the end of the day a moody teacher is just a tiny part of it all, isn't it? :)

      And I'm sorry to hear about your sister, hope it all works out for you xxxx

      Eliminar