jueves, 29 de agosto de 2013

Liebster Blog Award



Last weekend I was happy to find out that I'd been nominated for the Liebster Award by Sophia from Ginger in Gucci. Make sure you go check out her lovely blog if you haven't already :)

For those who don't know, the Liebster Award helps promote smaller blogs. It's given to bloggers from other fellow bloggers provided they've got less than 200 followers. Sophia also found a blog post that contains more information about the award's origins, which you can find by clicking here. I'm so excited to have been chosen as one!

**UPDATE - As I've been nominated twice, now by Bex Clare (thanks!!!), I will add her questions in the same post so everything's organised. Keep on reading. :)

RULES

1. You must link  back to the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the 11 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must pick 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to be nominated for the award.
4. You must come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.


Ginger in Gucci's Questions

1. If you had to choose between fashion and beauty, which would you choose?
Arrgh! I've been thinking about it since I read the questions last Sunday and I really can't choose! Fashion and beauty are like two of my favourite things in the whole world and it'd just be really unfair to pick one. Sozzz. 

2. What is your favorite store?
When I go shopping I don't really have any preferences, I just walk in every store as you never know where you're going to find something you love. However it's true lately I've found myself paying a lot of visits to H&M. It doesn't matter what your style leans more towards to, they've got everything: from classic shirts to graphic tees, from cute girly dresses to edgier stuff and even lovely accesories and everything is quite affordable so obviously that's a bonus. ;)

3. What is your favorite place to visit?
I love Barcelona itself. I live in a small town that's about 20 minutes away from the city and I just love going down there and discovering new little places every now and then.

4. Who/what band is your favourite music artist?
McFly! I feel like I've already talked about this an awful lot considering the amount of posts I've written/time I've been a blogger, but yeah. It's been my favourite band since I was about 13 and I don't think that's ever going to change, to be honest!

5. What is your go-to beauty product?
I'm gonna be simple and say I can't live without Nivea Soft! Not taking skin care into account and giving a more makeup related answer, though, that's gotta be either KIKO's mascara False Lashes Concentrate or the Kate Moss lipstick in shade 104.

6. What is your favorite nail polish color?
Mint green and peach shades for the summer, dark brown and reds for colder seasons.

7. Who is your favorite designer?
To be honest I don't really have one. I think you can find interesting pieces in every collection.

8. What is your favorite beauty brand?
Who would've thought answering these questions would make me think so much? Haha! I don't know really, I never really stick to the same product unless I'm absolutely obsessed with it. I have to say, though, I've loved every single Benefit product I've ever tried so that one's definitely one of my favourite brands (even though it's on the pricey side and I'm not able to purchase as many things as I'd like to!).

9. If you could choose anyone to narrate your life, who would it be?
The HIMYM geek in me thinks it should be Ted Mosby! ;)

10. What is your favorite kind of lip product?
I'm a classic lipstick kind of girl. Lately I've been loving tinted lip balms as well since they're amazing for those days when you don't wanna feel like you're wearing too much.

11. Who is your favorite Blogger/Youtuber?
My favourite blogger is probably Kayleigh from Couture Girl and I also enjoy Louise's blog Sprinkle of Glitter a lot. My favourite Youtubers are probably Zoella and an Irish makeup guru called Sinead, from The Makeup Chair.



Bex Clare's Questions

1. Where do you see yourself in five years time?
In five years time I will be... 24! Woah. I'm not even sure about what I want to do with my life once I'm done with university in two years, so I have no idea. Hopefully having a job I like and maybe even living abroad, that's something I'd definitely like to do while I'm young and able to do it. :)

2. What piece of technology could you not live without?
My phone. I use it for every single thing phones can be used for: it is my alarm clock, my radio, my music player, my camera, I edit most of my pictures with it, I've got little reminder notes in there and most importantly it keeps me in touch with people who unfortunately I cannot see every day. 

3. How would you describe yourself in four words?
Laid back (that counts as one word, right? haha), observant, creative, self-conscious.

4. Would you prefer staying in and watching a movie or going out to a club?
Ooooh this one's easy... Staying in. I'm a bit of an old lady!

5. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Right now I have to say to the iTunes Festival in London simply because there are so many great artists playing there this year and I can't go as I'm heading off there in about two weeks. 

(Wait! Do fictional places count? Hogwarts!!!! Hogsmeade!!! All that! ...yes I'm such a Harry Potter geek.)

6. What was your favourite tv show as a kid?
I was obsessed with Lizzie McGuire!

7. What would be your dream job?
I literally have no idea. I would like to work in a publishing house and maybe try my luck in the makeup world if I'm ever brave enough to do so.

8. What's your favourite meal?
I'm really picky when it comes to food and I don't like most things, but I am a huge fan of junk food so I'm gonna go for french fries with basically any kind of meat, haha!

9. Do you prefer Summer or Winter?
WINTER. Summer here in Spain is so hot that you feel like you're melting 90% of the time. Besides, I'm definitely more of a winter clothing kind of girl. 

10. What's your favourite colour?
I don't have one!

11. Did you have a favourite boyband when you were younger?
To be quite honest I don't think I was ever really into any boybands before One Direction came around. I was never a Backstreet Boys, Take That or *NSYNC fan when I was younger, but then again maybe I was too young. Now I can't deny I've definitely jumped on the fangirlism bandwagon with One Direction. Hashtag no shame. ;)


Paula Elena's Questions

1. What's your name? Where are you from? How old are you?
My name's Tania. I'm from Barcelona, Spain. I'm 19.

2. Describe yourself in a sentence.
"I'm always gonna want to be a witch." ;)

3. Are you studying or working?
Both, actually. I'm studying English in college, about to start my third year now, but I'm also working as a part-time private teacher.

4. How do you see yourself in five years from now? 
(Answered above. :))

5. Do you prefer to center your attention on your clothes, your makeup or both? 
Hmmm, that's a good question! I guess it depends. When I have to go to class I just keep it all simple. When I'm going out, I like to put effort into everything. Then I guess it also depends on what I want to highlight that day. If I'm wearing something that really will get everyone's atention then I will probably keep my makeup simple and vice versa. (Am I making myself clear? I feel like I'm just mumbling nonsense to myself haha!)

6. Why did you start blogging?
One day I realized all me and a couple of my friends talked about was beauty and lifestyle blogs and then I thought... well, if I like the blogging world so much maybe I should give it a go. And here I am!

7. Describe your blog in a sentence.
It's my little corner on the internet where I get to share chunks of my life and interests. 

8. Do you have any beauty tricks? If so, which ones do you have?
I don't think I have any beauty trick other people don't know about, to be quite honest. Oh! I like to layer my mascaras - I use one to hold the curl and a different one to give them volume and turn them black, if that counts!

9. Are you afraid of your blog getting famous and having haters saying bad things to you?
Not really. I don't think that's going to happen, but if it did happen in the future, I think for me it'd be one of these "Hey, you do you, I'll do me" situations. If some people don't like what I write about, that's fine, I'm obviously not going to force anyone into reading my blog. But as I said it's my own little space so I'm gonna do it my way. You know, happiness comes when you realize you're not here to please others but yourself! :)

10. Which are your favourite posts to read?
Uhhh I love reading everything really! I love monthly favourites, OOTDs, FOTDs, What's In My Bag (because I'm that nosy haha), lifestyle-y posts... You name it!

11. Is there anything you haven't said in your blog and you want your followers to know?
Hmmm... The only thing I can come up with is sorry for being such a rubbish blogger sometimes and not having scheduled posts for when I'm unable to sit and write, causing my blog to be dead for days or weeks!

 
My nominees:

1. Vanilla Kingdom
2. Bedtime Thoughts
3. Lunam et Sidera
4. AnnieLeaf
5. Lipsticks and Lashes
6. Izzisaur
7. Salt & Sail
8. She and Hem
9. Yet Another Makeup Blog
10. D Is For...
11. Cocoamourr

These are a few of my favourite smaller blogs, so make sure you check them out :)

My questions:

1. What made you want to start blogging?
2. What is your worst beauty habit?
3. What's a quote/motto you try to live by?
4. What's the best place you've ever been to?
5. What is or was your favourite tale as a child?
6. Jeans or dresses?
7. What's your favourite tv show?
8. Who do you look up to?
9. What's the best compliment you've ever been given? 
10. How would you describe yourself in three words?
11. What's your favourite type of blogs? (Beauty, fashion, lifestyle... You can say who your favourite bloggers are, it's always good to find new blogs! :))


Please let me know in the comments below if you decide to answer my questions because I'd love to read your answers! :)




9 comentarios:

  1. H and M is my fsvourite store as well! And thank you so much for the nomination, but I've had my fair share of liebster award posts, so I hope you're not offended! But thank you for nominating me though! X

    ResponderEliminar
  2. is mcfly the band with the guy who sang that awesome song at his wedding!??!?!?!? bahaha. ooh we have the same taste in nail polish :D

    thanks so much for the nom (: you can read my answers here!

    xx
    Natalie | Salt & Sail

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Yeah that's the band! What an epic speech, right? Haha. I will check yours out now! :) xx

      Eliminar
  3. Ted Mosby! Yessssssss! How cool would that be in real life?!


    http://between-friends-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. It'd be awesome, wouldn't it? Even if it takes him forever to tell stories! (I mean it's been 8 years now, Ted, your children must be sick of you by now haha) x

      Eliminar
  4. Wonderful post...I like your pretty blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin and gfc,too.
    Do you also follow me on gfc?
    Lovely greets

    ResponderEliminar