martes, 13 de agosto de 2013

2013 Teen Choice Awards Fashion

I enjoy teen awards shows so much that it's ridiculous. I love watching the red carpet and the event itself, I love all the performances and speeches, I love seeing so many familiar faces from tv, cinema and the music industry all in one place (fandoms colliding and all that) and most importantly, I love the fashion. At bigger events like the Oscars or the Golden Globes, fashion is taken to another level, most men look like gentlemen and most women look like stunning princesses. At the Teen Choice Awards though, we're able to see a much more casual fashion, whether it's in the form of pretty little dresses or edgier outfits. And I love that.

As one of the hosts, Pretty Little Liars star Lucy Hale got to wear some pretty amazing dresses throughout the night. My favourite has got to be the first one she wore at the show itself. Sadly I can't seem to find where it is from, but I think it fit her perfectly and the bow detail is just too cute to ignore!



On that note, her castmate Sasha Pieterse wore what is probably my favourite outfit of the night. As far as I know it's a Naeem Khan dress, although it does look like it's a bodysuit + maxi skirt combo. Either way, she looks amazing.


And if you thought that was it as far as the liars go... you thought wrong. Another Pretty Little Liar, Shay Mitchell, looked great in a monochrome Jenni Kayne jumpsuit and Jimmy Choo shoes. 


Fantasy/Sci-Fi Actress winner Nina Dobrev from The Vampire Diaries was just described as "Rock n Roll Princess" in that J. Mendel outfit, Dolce & Gabanna shoes and Devi Kroell bag. I think she looks original and kind of edgy. Her makeup and messy ponytail go perfectly with what she's wearing as the attention is basically focused on her clothes and bright orange clutch. 


As as newly converted Arrow fan, I was fairly looking forward to seeing Katie Cassidy. She played it safe with a mini pink lace dress by Zuhair Murad and matching clutch and shoes, by Christian Louboutin. Still, she looked amazing and the colour of her dress is just gorgeous. (Is it weird that I think that shade of pink compliments her skin? Because she's glowing. So so pretty.)


Another one of my favourites was Lea Michele, who did not stop at the red carpet but did come up to the stage when Glee won. She gave a very touching speech about her co-star and boyfriend Cory Monteith, who recently passed away, which you can watch here looking as beautiful as ever. What a brave move. I've watched Glee twice in my life, but she still made me tear up. 

There were of course some fashion disasters, like Naya Rivera and Miley Cyrus (who won the Fashion Trendsetter Award... whaaaatttt!!!) and some people who I thought were going to blow my mind looked just like meh. That's the case of Selena Gomez, who was just plain boring or Lily Collins, whose fashion choices made her look a lot older than she is. It's just my point of view anyway, nobody get offended! ;) 

Credit to lucy-hale.org and Just Jared for the pictures. 

Was there somebody you were looking forward to see? Who was the best/worst dressed according to you? What would you wear to one of these award shows? :)



4 comentarios:

  1. I never watched the actual show, but I did have a look at what everyone wore - totally agree about Miley Cyrus.... What the hell?! xx

    D Is For...

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I know, right? What she wore to the TCAs was just plain horrendous! xx

      Eliminar
  2. Sure! Your blog is lovely as well :) x

    ResponderEliminar