jueves, 1 de agosto de 2013

July Favourites

Ever since I started reading blogs I've seen plenty of posts on beauty favourites of the month and to be honest I've always wanted to do one, but at the end of every month I just feel like I haven't tried or loved enough products as to do it. I don't want this blog to be strictly about beauty as there are many many other things that I love, so a couple of days ago when I saw Jess from Mismatched Knitwear had written a post about her monthly favourites in general (read here!), I thought "Wow, this is perfect!" so I'm just gonna give it a try and see what I come up for this month's favourites. :)


Colum 1 - Ombre hair (picture from Pinterest), Flatform Sneakers
Colum 2 - TV Show How I Met Your Mother, The Vamps' first single, Emblem3's debut album
Colum 3 - Frozen yogurt, cotton candy (picture from Tumblr), neon nails

Ombre hair: Back when I was 15/16 I used to be a blonde and as much as I liked it, I decided to let my hair grow since having to be touching up my roots every two months was absolutely annoying (and expensive). Then I became obsessed with ombre hair but of course I couldn't get it done because I didn't want to look like a rainbow had just puked on my head  so I had to wait until my hair had grown enough as to be able to dye the ends of it... which was last week! I am now a very happy ombre haired girl.

Flatform sneakers: Alright, I admit at first I thought they looked scary and quite 90s-ish, but after seeing them on my friend Nerea I absolutely fell in love and I was already planning outfits in my head even before I was able to buy them... Am I the only one who does that? No? Yes?

How I Met Your Mother: I used to love this tv show a couple of summers ago, actually I believe I watched like 5 seasons in just a month, but somehow I just lost interest. Now, though, it's back on tv every day and I have totally fallen for it again! (New & last season is starting next month! I'm eeexciiiiteeeeed!!!)

Can We Dance by The Vamps: The Vamps is an Indie Pop band from the UK and they were opening for McFly on their last tour. They upload covers on youtube every once in a while (you can check them out here) and they will soon be releasing their first single, Can We Dance. The official audio is not available yet, but they've already performed it live and you can listen to it here. It's REALLY GOOD.

Nothing To Lose by Emblem3: Straight from The X Factor USA, Huntington Beach based band Emblem3 is releasing their debut album Nothing To Lose. I'm terrible at describing music genres, but they're said to make alternative hip hop, reggae fussing and pop rock. Honestly, I think they're just different from most artists out there right now. You can purchase their album on iTunes here, but it is also available on YouTube if you'd like to give it a listen first. ;)

Frozen yogurt & cotton candy: Alright, I'm blaming my friend Laura because she's got me addicted to frozen yogurt with white chocolate and smarties... because we're that healthy. And cotton candy - what can I say? It's summer, the time of funfair nights. You just gotta eat cottong candy!

Neon nails: You'll be coming home with me tonight and we'll be burning up like neon lights... Eeeekkk!! Summer just makes me want to play with my nail polish a bit more and as much as I've been loving pastels, I gotta say that now that I'm tanned I'm just LOVING neon pink nails. Yes you can see me from Mars.


And that's it for my monthly favourites. I thought it'd be shorter but what can I say, I just like to ramble on! Haha I quite enjoyed it so I might do it again in about 30 days time :) What has made you happy this month?
Happy August! Xx

Tania
❤ ❤ ❤

1 comentario:

  1. This is great! I love HIMYM and your ombre looks gorgeous :) I'm glad you liked my post so much! xx

    ResponderEliminar