domingo, 21 de abril de 2013

Spring Favourites


Hello everybody! Hope you're all having a lovely weekend.

For the past few days I've been wondering what my next post should be about and seeing as we've had such a warm, lovely weather this week, what could be possibly be better than a Spring Favourites? Notice that these products are not all necessarily new, you'll see. However, these are the ones I've been using the most lately.



Nivea Soft - As a girl who suffers from dry skin, I have tried a fair amount of moisturizing creams and I have found Nivea to be one of the best brands. However, a few of the ones I've tried do leave my face kind of greasy afterwards. Thankfully, not this one. My mom got it for me so I'd have a good moisturizer to carry around in my purse when I'm out, which is useful because it works on face, body and hands. It really does justice to its name - soft touch to the skin without being too greasy.

Fit Me! Foundation by Maybelline (225 Medium Buff) - Ever since I got it around Easter it's become my every day foundation. I don't know if I'd recommend it to someone who needs/wants a full, dense coverage, but it works just well if you don't have that much to cover and you only want to make your skin look healthire and give it some colour (which is my case now that thankfully the cold weather is gone!).

KIKO Smart Lipstick (Crimson Red) - A few weeks ago I realized I was lacking a good pink lipstick, so I went to KIKO because they've got great stuff at affordable prices and... tadá! They've got a new collection of Smart Lipsticks and found this great shade of pink. It doesn't look as fuchsia on the lips, but it really does lighten up your face and I find it to be highly moisturizing.

Kate Moss for Rimmel London (Shade 104) - This is not a Spring Favourite really, but a Favourite in general. Got this around January, I believe, and I think it's the most wearable lipstick I own. I'm not one to wear lipstick to college because I always feel like "it's too much" , but I don't mind wearing this one. The only thing I don't like about it is that it does leave my lips feeling a bit dry. (And the fact that it doesn't have a name but a number - how lazy is that!?)

KIKO Creamy Lipstick (Shade 392) - I've had this one for ages (and I don't think it's even available anymore) and it's now that I'm using it. It's a nice shade of red, not too bright, not too dark; and it really is creamy, which makes it end up everywhere if worn without applying lip liner first.


Sleek Palette (Oh So Special) - Okay, I might be cheating a little bit on this one. I just purchased it yesterday, so I haven't even used it yet, but I'm in love with it. When it comes to eyeshadows, I'm all for neutral tones, so I love the browns and darker tones in this palette, but it was the pink shadows that won me over. Can't wait to try them out.


Someday by Justin Bieber - Alright, I'm a cheater! This lovely bottle of perfume is not even mine, it  belongs to my younger sister. She recently got both of Justin Bieber's fragances and I can't help myself from borrowing it from her every now and then (I'm a sucker for sweet fragances!). It's got a really nice floral scent to it and I never thought I'd say this about it, but I honestly love it.

Pink Blush - I don't even know where this is from or when I got it. It doesn't even have a label, the package is just plain black, but I wanted a pink blush and I found this one at home. It doesn't last for the longest time, but it's a nice colour and it will have to do the job until I can afford a decent NARS blush! (Sad face.)



KIKO Nail Lacquer (297 Acid Green) - Nothing special about the colour really, just a light green that I think fits this season perfectly. What I like the most about nail varnishes from KIKO is how much they last - took it off today after seven days and hadn't I been bored of wearing the same colour for a whole week, I could have had it on for a few more days.

Essence Colour & Go (Oh My Glitter!) - I like all Essence nail varnishes in general, but I'm IN LOVE with this one. I'm not used to wearing purple on my nails, but this one's a lovely shade and guess what! It's got pink(ish) glitter on it. I tried to take a decent shoot of it, see picture below (click to enlarge).

H&M (Sporty Pink) - Saw this on H&M at 1'99€ and had to buy it. Nice colour, nice finish, it doesn't get chipped too easily. Very small bottle, but what can you expect for such a low price? What surprised me the most about this one is that you don't need to apply a thousand layers to make it opaque, but sadly I can't say the same about the mint green one from the same collection (Go Green!). 

And that's it for now! Sorry this was such a long post, but there are just too many things I love at the moment. Actually I think I will probably have to do another Spring Favourites blog before Summer!

Tania x

3 comentarios:

  1. Hey Tania! really enjoyable and readable blog!
    How long does the Kiko lipstick last on the lips?

    xx
    Teo

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I'd say around 4 hours before you need a touch-up. Not the longest lasting lipstick, but it does the job. :) xx

      Eliminar
  2. The kiko lipstick is soo pretty! the colours on the sleek pallet are amazing! I love the Justin Bieber perfume!
    Sofia x

    ResponderEliminar