domingo, 5 de octubre de 2014

Life Update: Rise & Shine


If I had to use labels, and I guess I do, I would define The Aristochats as a beauty, lifestyle and fashion blog, although you will have noticed by now I write a little bit about everything - without really being an expert on any field. I write these posts mostly for my own amusement, so I don't really have everything planned out or scheduled in my mind. Sometimes I will think "Oh, I'm going to publish that beauty haul on Sunday" but then I feel like writing about an amazing book that I have just finished and so that's what I do. This is not something I'm doing professionally, it's just something I do to let my creativity flow, so I don't worry about following a strict schedule. Sometimes I enjoy writing about beauty and sometimes I want to chat about life. And what's what I want to do today.

I started September with 2 followers on Bloglovin and now that the month's coming to an end I'm at 39. Some may say it's not a lot, but that's more people than were in my class in my last year in high school so, for me, that is a lot. Especially because I wasn't sure I was going to be able to keep up. I have given up blogging before simply because I thought I couldn't find the time to do everything. Now, though, I have been doing it for two full months and I don't want to stop any time soon. I'm proud of that, and I'm proud of this little blog. I'm not going to lie, that does feel weird to say. I guess I'm used to writing about how inadequate or stressed I feel, whether that be for the blog or for my own sanity, so it feels nice to say something good about myself for a change. Being proud of it, of what I do and what I write about, is allowing me to share it with more people, hence getting more involved with the blogging community. All that is just a massive highlight of my month, something that's made me smile quite a few times over the past few weeks.

As for my personal, away-from-the-blog life, everything's going great. I'm rarely ever satisfied with the way things are going (the "I can do better" kind of attitude always kicks in), so this is new for me. Not long ago, I decided to change the things I wasn't happy with. After all, I realized nobody else could ever do that for me. I started doing things for myself, to improve my life, to feel better about who I am. I quit my old job, which I hated, and found a new one. I walked away from people who were not treating me right. I decided to stop worrying about the future so much and focus on the present. I started feeling more and more confident and comfortable in my own skin. I am nowhere near perfect - in fact, I probably have over a thousand flaws that could tear me down if I let them, but I'm not going to. I only have one life and one body, so I might as well start taking care of them. In the words of the always wise Brooke Davis, "I am who I am. No excuses."

If you're in a bad place right now, please, just remember that you are the only person in charge of your own life. If you have the opportunity to change the things that are making you miserable, and in most cases you do, then go ahead. Don't let them consume you. Rise and shine, friends. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario