domingo, 12 de mayo de 2013

Review: MUA Lipsticks

A couple of weeks ago, my friend Laura from Vanilla Kingdom texted us all excited telling us about an Spanish makeup website called Maquillalia. It turns out they sell stuff from a lot of different brands (Essence, NYX, China Glaze...) and obviously we just had to pick up some stuff. 

Seeing as the MUA lipsticks were only about 1'50€ each, I picked up three of them. Yes, three. I figured that if I wanted to try any new lipstick colour, it would be better to go for a cheap one, that way I wouldn't feel bad about wasting my money on something I was probably never going to use again. 

These are my picks! Shade 16 Nectar, Shade 6 and Shade 14 Bare.


I am obsessed with the first one, Nectar. For some reason it does look quite orange on the pictures but once you put it on it's a lot more of a pinkish peach than a bright orange and it has quickly become one of my favourite lipsticks to wear on a daily basis. The Bare one is great too, maybe a bit too pink for me (I just don't think I can pull off baby pink lipsticks), but I quite like it. I'm not so crazy about the pink one, though, but only because I dislike the fact that it's quite shimmery. Not sure if that was mentioned on the website -I didn't see it! However, I do like the colour, so I'll try to wear that one with a lip gloss on top and we'll see if that helps a little or just ruins it completely. 

The only problem I've had with these MUA lipsticks is that my lips are quite dry in general and they only seem to dry them out a bit more, so I would recommend using a good lip base/balm underneath or whatever suits you best and you're good to go. They don't last forever and you might have to touch it up every couple of hours or so, but hey, what more can one ask for?! :)

 What's your favourite MUA product? Do you own any MUA lipsticks? Do they do the job for you?

Tania
❤ ❤ ❤

3 comentarios:

  1. These lipsticks look fantastic :D I like nectar its perfect for summer! :)
    Sofia x

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I love love love that first shade! Looks so summery!!

    new follower on gfc. would be great if you follow me back if you like :)

    hunny-x.blogspot.com x

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Love this post, really enjoying reading your blog!! I am following you now :)

    Id be really grateful if you have a minute to visit me!

    www.kosmetyczna-hedonistka.blogspot.com

    ResponderEliminar